I have been very busy recently, but not so productive. I did finish Sylvia’s Herbivore, by the end of March, but it took me several days to get it blocked and photographed. When it finished blocking, I tossed it over my shoulders and checked it out in the mirror. It’s a bit funny, because as Sylvia noted with the one she knitted herself, it looks a bit like a pterodactyl laying flat, but it is so pretty on! I actually had to talk myself out of wearing it to lunch, which I didn’t do since it belongs to some one else.
I have finished one other project, but it’s a gift, so it will have to stay a secret until it arrives. Besides that, I’ve been starting projects all over the place, probably due to the influx of new yarn and because I’ve been dabbling in dyeing. So even though I said last time that I rarely have work-in-progress pictures, since I have so many at the moment, that’s what I’m sharing.
I purchased a skein of Lion Brand Fisherman’s Wool in Natural, which I divided into 16 mini-skeins for dyeing. To make sure that they aren’t just sitting around, I’m knitting them into a blanket as I go. So here is my Dye Test Blanket.
I have two other projects on the needles right now, but one had to be frogged back to the start due to a yarn mishap, and the second is a hat that I started last night, so there are no pictures yet. The hat is out of my first skein of hand-dyed yarn, so I will share a picture of that, but the rest will have to wait until the next post. The yarn is Knit Picks Bare WotA, dyed with Wilton’s gel icing.