Clearly, I need to work out some kind of schedule for this. While I wasn’t paying attention, almost all of April has passed, and I have plenty of FOs to share. Just to keep this from being too long, I’ll post some now, and the rest in a couple of days, along with May’s WIPs.
Let’s start with the project that I couldn’t post last time because it was on its way to Claire. I Heart Claire, which is a couple of pairs of mismatched yoga socks. I really had fun with these. The first two were improvised, the gold sock in Sundara Sock in Golden Grains is CO 64, K6, P2, 3×3 left cross cables every 15th row and the green sock in Lotus Nirvana in Hydroponic, CO 64, 2×2 ribbing.
The second pair are both modified versions of existing patterns. The blue and gold sock is Mama Blue SMS in Mermaid and JulieSpins M370 in Sunny Side Up. It was made from Blackberry Brambles (Rav) by Irishgirlieknits. The red and red/pink sock is Madelinetosh tosh sock in Scarlet and Wollmeise 100% in Dornroschen and was made from Cookie A’s Angee.
I think Claire liked them although they were a tad late for her birthday.
I also knit two hats, from the same pattern, because I love the 16 Sixteen Cable Hat by Circé Belles Boucles; it fits me perfectly, looks interesting, and is the perfect accompaniment to a bad hair day. I made one out of Malabrigo in Shocking Pink for the winter, and one in Knit Picks Simply Cotton Worsted in Grey Heather for summer.
Okay, last project to share for this post, though there will be more later, I finished the Dye Test Blanket. A couple of colors didn’t come out as well as I hoped, but all in all it was exactly the kind of dyeing practice I was looking for. The darker squares were immersion-dyed in more concentrated dye solutions; the lighter were hand-painted.